Thursday, March 8, 2007

Went out to dinner last night with the Tiny Dynamo and the rest of the Dynamo clan. *Leeeetle* bit hard to keep the old eyes open this morning, so I'll put up some links.


John Connolly interviewing many fine authors. There's Stephen King, James Lee Burke, and more...


I don't know if he mentions it in the interview, but John got lost out in the Montana badlands trying to find Burke's house, and old James Lee had to let loose the hounds to find him!


Ed Gorman on Edgar Rice Burroughs
I suppose I probably read an ERB or two a year myself. They're simply wonderful, but yeah, in a very, very naive sort of way. A lot of people who were baffled by the Da Vinci Code's success might want to go back and look at those. Who cares about literary when you've got a Lost City of Gold?

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Good point about "the lost city of Gold." I loved the Barsoom books, and have written stuff in that vein myself. Gorman is a fine writer as well. I really enjoy his westerns.