Yes, I'm late on this. It charmed me, and I'm doing it anyway. So there. ;-)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I *love* wrapping. Probably my favorite part of the season!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
A real tree (regardless of size) is under $20 here. I'm digging that real pine smell, baby!
3. When do you put up the tree?
December, prefer before mid-month...
4. When do you take the tree down?
January 6th-- Three Kings or Twelfth Night, as you prefer
5. Do you like eggnog?
It is a very fond memory, though I wonder how all that heavy cream would go over in the middle of summer...
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I think I was eight or nine when my parents gave me a wee plaque that read "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it because he dances to a different drummer. Let him march to the music he hears, however measured or far away." It was the closest my parents ever got to acknowledging the freak flag I fly, and that plaque still hangs on the wall in my home.
7. Hardest person to buy for?I do pretty good, I think. Mostly. Except when I don't. What am I talking about-- who doesn't like pine tree deodorizers and wiper blade refills?!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My parents: they get a phone call.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Not this year. Christmas kinda snuck up on me and everything was last minute...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Such a long line of parental 'Why can't you just be normal' gifts to choose from...
12. Favorite Christmas Movies?
Freaking "A Christmas Story"!!!!
Like Highlander, there can be only one!!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Wiper blades and Pine Tree Deodorizers give you any idea?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
See previous answer.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Lift the other end of the dinner table. I'll unhinge my lower jaw and you just let the food slide on in there!
16. Color of Lights on the tree?
Lots of colors. Pretty Colors. The more I drink, the pretty they get...
17. Favorite Christmas song? Dublin BLues, by Guy Clarke and Townes Van Zandt
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Where's the option for Wrestle the Cops on the Front Lawn?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
(Stares into space) "On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen, on Comet on Cupid on Donder and Blitzen!" And of course, that alcoholic corporate whore, Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. Santa takes his time reaching the Antipodes.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Every year, some knucklehead wants a 20-30 hour tattoo in time for Christmas dinner. They usually wander in with incoherent ravings and cocktail-napkin scrawls sometime around the 23rd...
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
I'd like to hear more about those X-rated ornaments Charles mentioned earlier.
24. Favorite for Christmas Eve Dinner?Does bourbon and Vicodin count??
26. What is your wish for Christmas?Refer to previous question.
That was fun! Now... who's got a hatchet?! :)