Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sweet Mysteries of Life


The scene was cozy, domestic. The room was warm and bright and cheery, a world apart from the cold winter night on the other side of the windows.

The Tiny Dynamo sat with a book in her lap. I sat with the comupter in mine. Butler chased a bit of ribbon across the floor. Midge looked down on us all from her perch at the top of the bookshelves.

The Dynamo marked her place in the book with one finger and turned to me. Her legs were graceful and bare and lovely. I couldn't help staring.

"I said, it's funny, the difference between men and women."

"Hm? Oh, yeah."

"Yeah. Men get turned on watching women make out with each other..."

I let my face and body go still.

"... whereas women get turned on watching men beat the crap out of each other." The Dynamo's eyes danced with mischief and light.

"That's going in my blog," I said.

5 comments:

RK Sterling said...

True... but then again, sometimes we like to watch the guys make with each other also. ;)

Once again, great covers.

RK Sterling said...

PS: I finally got a look at your writing site and excerpt - great job on both!

I really liked the text overlays and the background, as well as the phrase "rain dimpled puddle." Great imagery.

Susan Miller said...

I think the Tiny Dynamo is onto something there.

Charles Gramlich said...

Kate. Ewwww! Now I forgot what I was going to say.

cs harris said...

Interesting comparison, and I think largely valid, despite mud wrestling and Kate!