* Link the person who tagged you. (See above)
* Mention the rules in your blog. (These are they)
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours. (See below)
* Tag six bloggers by linking them. (They shall be "it")
* Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged. (OK, that will take a little time.)
I rather enjoy memes, let's see how I do on this one:(just to hedge my bets, funnies will be served as a distraction...)
1. I have a weird, Ayn Rand-ian belief (Fountainhead, not Atlas Shrugged) that we each have something in life that nourishes our souls above all other activity. It might be playing with the kids, following the Mets or crafting dollhouse furniture, but identifying that thing and staying true to it is the key to a fulfilling life.
2. That pile of wood outside is larger than my old kitchen. I'm splitting it with an axe and maul and having a BLAST!
3. I prefer cats to dogs. Nothing against dogs, but for me it's cats, all the way.
4. I went blonde again with my dreads, hence the change in the profile picture.
(even managed to get my tattoo in there!)
5. IF is my favorite poem.
6. Three times a week, I shave with a straight razor. My oldest razor is 180, my youngest a mere 60-70. I find the ritual of shaving calming: something about knowing that a moment of distraction can mean a lost nose is very centering!
Yay, fun! And for all you Tom Waits fans out there, his new gangsta rap album: