Thursday, April 19, 2007

Oops I Did It Again

One super-clean, definitely non-mousy house on Wedsnesday. Thursday means I can kick back and relax, right?

Nope. Not with autumn colors like these beckoning...





We headed up to Hanmer Springs and deep into a forest of beech, pine, totora and manuka. When the car wouldn't go any further, we started walking.



First, it was uphill but easy. Then we forded a river and it got harder. Then towards the end, it got *really* hard.

Then, the waterfall! Forty meters of free-falling glory...




Long way to go to wash an apple....



Also, a fun link!

4 comments:

Susan Miller said...

Congratulations on the completion of your first draft, Steve. I can't even fathom what that is like.

My Mom went to New Zealand last year and fell in love. We are both planning a mother/daughter trip in three years during my son's first year of college. We're doing a hike and your pictures assure me that I will love every second of it.

Charles Gramlich said...

Great pictures. Is that apple meant to suggest a Garden of Eden motif? LOL.

RK Sterling said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. I'm envious. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Awesome pix! Reminds me of Niagara (in ways...)