Thursday, June 14, 2007

That Was Fast

Yeah, I put it back.

After a day to think about it, I decided the other title had the same problem I was having in the new novel (working title Rusted Cage, if anyone's keeping track) -- too passive. I spent a week writing stuff for people to do to my hero (who just sort of sat there) and then finished up by changing the blog title to a song about a dying man.

When my subconscious wants to send a message, it's not exactly subtle...

I've been up early this morning, spent most of it trying to keep my hands warm and writing new scenes where my hero actually, you know, does stuff.

Wrong turns abound in life. Most are easily correctable, and quite often, the best course isn't the one we think it should be. At least it's not like that six months I spent as a mortgage banker.

3 comments:

cs harris said...

Well, maybe you needed that different title, even if it was just for a day.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm having a hard time seeing you as a mortgage banker.

Susan Miller said...

Ditto to what Charles wrote.

I'm glad you're back to Full Throttle and Fuck It.